Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Relaxed Weekend Lunch

With the wife gone this weekend, I've been completely on my own schedule to get done what I want, when I want. So, I decided after working in the yard in the morning to make up a quick lunch to complement a bottle of The Bruery Orchard White I picked up a couple of weeks ago.  I was a big fan of a bottle of their Saison Rue that I had at Father's Office, so I figured I'd try one of their lighter brews and one of my favorite styles of beer.

I decided to utilize some of my leftover homemade smoked bbq pork to make a few mini pulled pork sandwiches along with a small salad of spinach, white balsamic vinagrette, and crumbled goat cheese.  The Orchard White pours with an extra white tall head that diminishes slowly.  The color is light golden.  The aroma is light but with a definite yeasty factor typical for white ale.  The taste, much like the aroma, is very light but with noticeable sweet lemon and coriander notes. I don't know much about the hint of lavendar that the bottle mentions. Although, I am sometimes slow to pick up on hints. I'm sure my wife can attest to that.  Carbonation is extremely high which helps add to the tingly citrus taste.  Overall, it is very light in taste for a white ale, but it makes it an easy drinker. I know, since I polished off the 750ml bottle easily on my own.  Despite the light taste, there was just enough to stand up to the smokey-sweetness of the pork and the tangy-saltiness of the salad.

Photobucket
A cellphone picture is better than no picture

No comments:

Post a Comment