Saturday, May 14, 2011

Korbinian and lunch

Being a devotee to Weihenstephaner I surprised myself I've never tried their Korbinian or Vitus after all these years. I picked both up while at BevMo yesterday and decided to pop open the Korbinian to have with my lunch of steak, balsamic carmelized onions, mushrooms, and provolone paninis and a simple spinach salad with a dijon and garlic white balsamic vinaigrette.

The beer poured with a light beige head and had a moderate roasty malt flavor with quite a bit of sweetness that had a bit of dried fruit element to it. The texture was creamy smooth with a light carbonation. This is a tad bit more bitter and roasty than their standard dunkel, but not overwhelmingly so. Overall this was an easy drinker that won't create too much damage at 7.4% and also paired well with the rich and earthy flavor of the panini.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment